Nature has long been known as the best healer. Spring is always the season to seed for prosperity and health. Let’s not miss this divine opportunity to take care of ourselves and share the bliss. Yes, Outdoor Kundalini Yoga is happening in the charming leafy Inner East Suburb, KEW, for JETSPORT members!
Energization – Enjoyment – Elevation, what more to say? Only personal experience counts. Get on your mat!! Join me in an uplifting, powerful blend of spiritual and physical practice of Kundalini Yoga & Mediation for a wholly body-mind-spiritual balance experience at Alexandra Gardens Park. Breathe in fresh oxygenic air, vibrate with the natural pulses, and revitalize in the warm sun bath to recharge ourselves forwards!!
>> What else to know about the event?
1. Meet on the lawn next to the Pavilion in Alexandra Gardens Park.
2. Practice a specially selected Kriya (a set of exercise) combined with mediation, breathing, mantras, mudras and body locks. Overview of Kundalini Yoga: https://www.3ho.org/kundalini-yoga
3. Tuning in before the practice starts – guided chanting 2 mantras (3 times each)
** Mantra 1: Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo - To tune in” to the divine flow and self-knowledge within each of us, and linking us to Yogi Bhajan and the Golden Chain of teachers.
** Mantra 2: Ad Guray Nameh, Jugad Guray Nameh, Sat Guray Nameh, Siri Guru Devay Nameh - To clears the clouds of doubt and opens us to guidance and protection.
4. Tuning out to end the class – singing the Long Time Sun song and chanting “Sat Nam” 3 times. Sat Nam means ‘Truth is my identity’.
5. Wear comfortable clothes (preferably light or white color), bring your own mat, drinking water and a scarf/shawl to keep warm during relaxation/meditation.
6. Arrive 5 mins ahead to settle down and calm your mind, relax and stay present through the practice, and be aware of your own experience to receive utmost benefit.
7. No late comers and no early departure acceptable as the practice begins punctually with the group tuning in and out.
8. “Booking” via JETSport platform essential; cancellation of booking required by 12pm midnight before the event date (e.g. cancel by 12 midnight of 12 Oct before the event date 13 Oct)
9. Outdoor event is subject to Weather Forecast. Event cancellation may be expected if the weather forecasts heavy rain; email notification will be sent to the registrants in case of event cancellation by 12pm midnight before the event date.
>> Why Meditation?
1. Time Duration: Yogic science says that there are specific lengths of time needed for certain desired effects in meditation.
3 minutes: Affects circulation (blood) and electromagnetic field.
11 minutes: Changes glandular system and nerves.
22 minutes: Balances and coordinates the three minds.
31 minutes: Affects all the cells and rhythms of the body and all layers of the mind’s projection.
62 minutes: Changes the gray matter of the brain. Integrates the subconscious “shadow mind” and the outer projection.
2 ½ hours: Holds the new pattern in the subconscious mind by the surrounding universal mind.
2. Cycles of Continuous Practice: Committing to a personal practice makes the meditation process of transformation and self-discovery your own. We can use various cycles of the human mind to help replace unwanted patterns of behavior with new, more positive ones. Choose a meditation that suits your goals and/or inspires you, and commit to practicing it.
40 days: Change a habit.
90 days: Confirm the habit.
120 days: You are the new habit.
1,000 days: Mastery of the new habit.
>> About the Instructor
I have dedicated to Yoga practice for more than 12 years before moving to Melbourne from Taiwan in 2017. Having personally benefited from Kundalini Yoga, I decided to deepen my practice by completing 200RT Kundalini Yoga Teacher training and Yoga Therapy Training (Kundalini Yoga Level 2 modules 300RT training in progress). I am also a Practicing Artist (studied visual art at University of Melbourne), a Singing Bowl Sound Healer and an Oneness Blessing Giver. I have been so inspired by the change Kundalini Yoga practice have made in my life and the obstacles it has helped me overcome, that I am passionate about sharing the potential of Kundalini Yoga with others.